During your first consultation at our Langley or Surrey office, you'll meet with orthodontist Dr. Aly Kanani and his team to discuss your needs, and your orthodontic treatment options.
What can I expect during my initial consultation with Dr. Kanani?
On your first visit with Dr. Kanani, he and his New Patient Coordinator will sit down with you to assess your needs, and to determine which course of treatment would be most suitable to address them.
We'll perform a complete review of your health and dental history, and Dr. Kanani will conduct a thorough examination of your smile.
Next, we'll explain to you the specifics of how the teeth movement and orthodontics treatment processes work, from evaluation to record taking and post-treatment maintenance.
We'll also review the range of orthodontic treatment options available to you, including their length, comparative costs, and any questions or concerns you may have.
If the patient in question is a minor, both the patient and his or her parent or guardian should be present for this initial consultation.
New Patient Forms
During the initial consultation, we'll ask you to fill out a New Patient Form, to put in writing various details concerning you oral and overall health history and contact information.
Curious About Invisalign?
For patients in Langley or Surrey who are interested in Invisalign, Dr. Kanani will perform an assessment to determine whether you are a candidate for this orthodontic treatment option.
Dr. Kanani has treated hundreds of Invisalign patients, even in cases where other practitioners have been unable to do so. If you've been told in the past that you are not an Invisalign candidate, Dr. Kanani may still be able to treat you.
Your Initial Consultation with Dr. Kanani will include:
- Personal Orthodontic Consultation with Dr. Kanani
- Complete Review of Medical and Dental History
- Facial Exam
- Intraoral Exam
- Gum Disease Screening
- Oral Cancer Screening
- Extra-Oral Pictures if indicated
- Smile esthetics analysis
- Upper and lower jaw size analysis in three planes of space
- Tooth eruption and sequence of eruption analysis
- Bite Analysis & Tooth crowding analysis
- Jaw Joint Exam
- Addressing of your primary concerns
- Review of treatment options
- Discuss the different types of braces or appliances for your particular case
- Approximate length of treatment
- Presentation of fees, interest-free monthly payments, and insurance inquiries
Our Patients Come First.
Dr. Kanani's first goal is always the satisfaction of his patients. Book your first consultation to get to know his Langley or Surrey practice, and to learn more about your orthodontic treatment options.